When the seasons change it is time for the summer to sets in. It is common for the children to be affected by several summer illnesses such as a sore throat, fever, and cold, etc during this time.
However, if you can take the right kind of precaution you can make sure that none of this would happen. This way you would be able to make sure that your children do not suffer from the ailments that are commonplace at this time of the year. Summer is generally the season when the school is in recess and your kid stays home and does as she or he pleases. This is why you need to pay a lot of attention to your child to make sure that she or he does not fall ill.
Let us check out on this online health platform about protecting children from summer illness.
Common Summer Illnesses among Children
Normally, the following illnesses affects children during the summer:
- water-borne diseases
- food-borne diseases
- mosquito-borne diseases
Sunstroke normally happens if your child goes out in the sun without adequate protection such as proper hydration to name one. If your child is exposed all of a sudden to the sun or for too long they can suffer a sunstroke. This can also lead to a high fever.
Tips to Prevent Summer Illnesses in Children
In this regard, we recommend the following tips to protect your children from summer illnesses
- Never allow your children to eat cut fruits and food from roadside vendors.
- Avoid spicy and fried dishes while cooking for your kids this summer.
- Include fresh fruits, fruit juices, coconut water, lime juice, and green vegetables in their diet.
- Encourage your kids to drink as much water as they can.
- Ensure that the water they consume is free from viruses and other germs. For this purpose, you can install a water purifier or bring the drinking water to the rolling boil for a minute.
- Make sure that your children stay well hydrated if they are spending too much time outdoors.
- Add fiber-rich food in your child’s diet.
Few things to keep in mind for summer illness prevention
While the above-mentioned tips can help in preventing summer illnesses in children, you also should keep a few other aspects in mind.
Clothing – Make sure that your child wears loose and light clothing made from natural fiber such as cotton.
Exercise – Ensure that your kids work out early in the morning or later on in the day to prevent exhaustion.
Sun protection – Ensure that your children stay well protected from the harsh rays of the sun during summers.
Protection from insect bites – Also, take care of the fact that your children do not get bitten by insects.
Bathing – To deal with the extreme heat of summer, ensure that your child bathes at least twice a day so that they stay cool and free of infections.
It does not take much but a little care to sail through the summer!
For more such interesting tips, visit iieHealth, a trusted online health portal that keeps you updated about health.